Monday, March 3, 2008

ORIGINAL VERSION: What makes me read an article?

What drives you? says in a TV ad. One might ask what connection it has in reading an article, for me, a lot of things.

The very same force that drives me is the force tha makes me read an article. One, is passion. If an article tackles a certain topic I am passion about, I'd read it regardless of how long or short it is. Another is interest, if a person can make the subject interesting, even if it's foreign to me, I'll read the article.

Let's take in context, the various columns in the lifestyle section of the Inquirer and Young Star(Philippine Star), there are certain topics there that I am very much into, like the beauty and fashion section. On the other hand, there are also topics there that are foreign to me and I don't know much about, like feature on underground bands, that are presented in such an interesting way that makes me read the whole article.

This leads me to another "driving force" that makes me read an article and that is -- education. If an article is informative and I figure right from the start that it is, then I'll read it.

All in all, I believe that a perfect balance of all of these makes me not only read an article but recognize it as good and exemplary.

No comments: